As an LAC Tutor, your role will involve supporting & educating students on a 1:1 basis out of the school environment, helping students access learning and make progress in their education.
Prior experience of working with young people who have SEN requirements or those who have faced barriers in education is essential to this role.
If you have worked with any of the below specifically, this would be advantageous:
Responsibilities as an SEN Tutor:
• Working 1:1 with students who have various special educational needs
• Travelling to schools, libraries and students homes to complete 1- 2 hour bookings.
• Tutors with a focus on Maths, English & Functional Skills
• Understanding and appreciation of working with vulnerable young people and those with SEND
• Positive behaviour strategy, knowledge and experience of helping children self - regulate emotions
• Excellent written communication and reporting
• Excellent timekeeping and reliability
• QTS preferable or a Degree Level Educated
• Experience of working with SEN students is desirable
• Highly ambitious & enthusiastic
• Be able to work with a creative approach to the curriculum
• Able to manage behaviour and set firm and clear boundaries
These roles are highly rewarding for caring individuals who can help turn students’ lives around. SEN 1:1 Tutors are the key to these students achieving on an academic level whilst ensuring they also learn life skills. If you are passionate about this type of work, please do not hesitate to send in your CV.
How to apply:
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across ABC Teachers, please email email@example.com or contact Dean Isaac on 01543 228 029
Benefits of working with ABC Teachers:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach and an online safeguarding training package worth £350.
• Access to roles that you will not see advertised elsewhere
• Work collaboratively with your dedicated education consultant who has an in-depth knowledge of the schools in the area
• Be affiliated with the biggest name in education, TES (Times Educational Supplement)
If you haven’t yet found what you are looking for, keep up to date with us on social media:
ABC Teachers are a REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency, part of TES. Candidates pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy which means that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school.
Telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.