Job title - Lead Design & Technology Teacher (Resistant Materials)
Location - London Borough of Merton
Pay - £27,000-£33,000 per annum.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is recent experience working with special needs children or vulnerable adults.
April 2021 start – permanent contract
Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Lead Design & Technology Teacher (Resistant Materials) to join an outstanding independent special needs school in the Merton area of London. This full time Lead Design & Technology Teacher (Resistant Materials) is for an April 2021 start and will be a permanent role. This will be teaching students in KS3 and KS4. The school supports students through a language-based curriculum employing experienced teachers, teaching assistants and therapists.
• Lead Design & Technology Teacher (Resistant Materials)
• Specialised in Resistant Materials
• Working with secondary aged children
• In-class support
• Prior experience supporting students with speech and language difficulties essential
• School hours are 8.30am to 5.00pm
• Full time permanent position
• Salary starts from £27,000 per annum
• Caters to students with a speech, language and communication impairment.
• School caters for children from Early Years through to Post 16
• Small class sizes with personalised learning
• ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted rating
• Holistic tailored curriculum with a focus on removing barriers to learning
• Excellent leadership team
• Supportive team environment
• Located next to a mainline station.
To be considered for the Lead Design & Technology Teacher (Resistant Materials) position, you will:
• Experience working with children or adults with special needs
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy, and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Lead Design & Technology Teacher (Resistant Materials) who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our SEN team on 020 7065 7500, quoting the reference LXDDTTEACH1263.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
- Supply agency