Lead Practitioner for Inclusion (L1- L5)
The Arthur Terry Learning Partnership. Slade Primary School
The Governors of Slade Primary School are looking to appoint an outstanding teacher and leader to the position of Lead Practitioner. We are looking for someone who is passionate about teaching and learning and has the highest expectations of pupil attainment and progress. The Lead Practitioner role would have some teaching responsibility and will include a significant weekly Leadership time to lead on SEND and develop Pastoral care and Inclusion alongside the Pastoral Leader.
The successful applicant will:
· Be an excellent practitioner, with a proven track record of inspiring children and raising standards
· Have substantial teaching experience, skills and knowledge in the primary phase
· Be able to make a significant impact on the leadership of Inclusion by coaching and developing staff and teams
· Have substantive experience of SEND leadership and a sound understanding of the key principles of effective inclusion
· Have the personal drive, ambition and motivation to play your part in enthusing our pupils and raising standards
· Be passionate about championing the most vulnerable pupils
Believe firmly in the importance of working with our school partners (both local and regional) to share good practice and support professional development programmes
We can offer:
· An excellent range of professional learning opportunities within the school and within the Arthur Terry Learning Partnership
· Committed, welcoming and supportive staff
· Friendly, hardworking pupils who love learning
· A supportive Governing Body who are passionate about the school and the local community.
· The support to apply to become A Specialist Leader of Education
Slade is a friendly, oversubscribed multi-cultural primary school. It was judged as ‘Good’ by OFSTED in July 2014. We are part of The Arthur Terry Learning Partnership which consists of four primary and three secondary schools. This is an exciting time to be joining Slade as it continues it’s journey to Outstanding. If you think that you have the skills and passion to join us on our journey, please contact the school for an application pack.
Closing date: Monday 5th March at 9 am
Prospective candidates are warmly encouraged to come and meet the pupils and team at Slade. To arrange a visit, or for further details, please contact Mrs Alison East (Senior Office Manager) on firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website www.slade.bham.sch.uk.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.