Who we are?
Formby High School is an 'Outstanding' (Ofsted, 2008) and heavily oversubscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive academy with over 1,000 students (including over 240 in the Sixth Form). The school’s mission statement “Determined to Achieve" is the central focus of all our work. The school employs over 115 dedicated and highly effective teaching and support staff who work closely with parents to achieve the best possible outcomes for our students.
Where are we?
Based in the beautiful coastal town of Formby, about 15 miles north of Liverpool, with good road links (M57/M58) and within 5 minutes walk from Formby and Freshfield train stations, we want to attract the very best teaching and support staff to our school.
We are looking for a Lead Practitioner who:
- is an experienced teacher of Mathematics
- is an outstanding teacher with high expectations of students' attainment and behaviour
- is innovative and forward thinking in approach
- is an excellent communicator and motivational team player
- is ambitious to become a senior leader
We can offer:
- an extensive campus located in leafy suburbs close to Formby Village, the National Trust Red Squirrel Reserve and the Sefton coast
- very welcoming and supportive staff and Senior Leadership Team
- students who are engaged, motivated and very well-behaved
- an excellent CPD programme including preparation for senior leadership (such as NPQSL)
- free tea and coffee in the staff room and a 'free lunch' scheme
- a staff well-being programme, including free health checks, massages and occupational health
- excellent transport links from Liverpool, Preston and Manchester
How to apply:
- Apply by using the TES application process
- For further information please contact Lisa Kelly (HR Officer) on 01704 873100 option 5
- All applications must be received by 9:00am on 18 May 2018