We are seeking an ambitious and highly motivated Lead Practitioner in Maths to work with the Principal and other College and academy leaders to ensure the very best education for the students, through achieving the organisation's aims and objectives. The successful candidate will have a real passion for teaching and learning and will join our College in September 2021.
We are looking for an excellent Lead Practitioner in Maths who will inspire our students in the classroom by delivering innovative curricula and giving them the confidence to think for themselves as they progress through our academy. The Lead Practitioner will provide a high standard of professional support and guidance in Maths across the whole college.
At Christ’s College there is a strong emphasis on sustaining and raising achievement in creative, innovative ways and there is a genuine commitment to collaboration and professional development.
Our values are:
These values make Christ’s College a positive and inclusive community in which all students feel safe, valued and part of the family. Our college aims to serve our community by providing a fully inclusive education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. At Christ’s College we believe a great values driven education has the power to transform futures.If you are looking for an exciting place to work with dedicated staff, positive learners and supportive parents then join us.
The successful candidate will be able to promote their love of their subject and spark students interest and enable them to reach their full potential.
The College is heavily focussed on developing expertise within teaching and learning and you will be trained and supported in the TEEP model of teaching. There is a proven track record of excellent professional development opportunities.
Advantages of working at Christ’s College:
· There is a real sense of belonging, camaraderie and mutual respect amongst the whole community
· The parents and governors are very supportive of the College and appreciative of the work we are doing
· The children want to do their best and will work hard as they respect their teachers’ knowledge and commitment
· The staff are dedicated, skilful and hard-working
· There are good opportunities for internal promotion in a growing school which has a tradition of acknowledging and rewarding hard work
· There are excellent opportunities for external promotion
· As a relatively small school which offers a full suite of extra-curricular activities, it is easy to be involved in a wide range of enrichment activities in Sport, Performing Arts and elsewhere.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Christ's College is a school within The Good Shepherd Trust. The Good Shepherd Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our employment practices reflect this commitment.
An enhanced DBS check is required for this position.
Candidates will be assessed as their application is received, therefore early application is recommended and we may interview before the closing date if sufficient strong applicants apply.
Christ's College Guildford
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Christ’s College is a thriving secondary school serving the non-Christian and Christian community of Guildford, Woking and the surrounding areas. We are proud of our Church heritage and hope that this has helped us to create an environment that is in...