We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Science teacher to become a Lead Practitioner. The successful candidate will drive continued improvements in the quality of teaching, both within the Science Faculty and across the school, as part of our team of Lead Practitioners.
At Helena Romanes School, we value the personal attributes of hard work, positivity and kindness, and we are looking for someone who can model these values.
We are looking for someone who:
● is an outstanding classroom practitioner with a proven track record of success in raising standards
● holds UK QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree
● has strong subject knowledge with a passion for Science
● has the ability to teach at least two Science subjects at Key Stage 4 and one at Key Stage 5
● has exceptionally high expectations of what students can achieve
● enjoys collaborating and motivating others to be their best and to be at the cutting edge of pedagogical development
● thinks outside the box and has the ability to develop innovative approaches to teaching, learning and assessment.
We would love to hear from you if you are an inspirational, dynamic and creative individual who makes learning fun and challenging, and who is looking to join a supportive and enthusiastic team in beautiful rural surroundings.
Helena Romanes joined the highly successful Saffron Academy Trust in September 2020. Consequently, there are a wide range of opportunities in terms of CPD, school-to-school collaboration and career development for members of our team.
We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity, celebrating diversity, safeguarding and the welfare of children and young people.
The school is a popular and successful 11-18 comprehensive, situated in the beautiful North Essex countryside. It has good communications to London and the South East, and it is approximately 7 miles from Stansted Airport.
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
Please contact Sue Este, HR Manager if you have any queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
The school reserves the right to interview candidates before the published closing date.
Interviews will be held w/c Monday 1st March 2021
Helena Romanes School and Sixth Form Centre
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
We are a mixed 11 – 18 Academy with over 1200 students on roll. The school is situated in beautiful countryside, occupying approximately 35 acres just to the north of Great Dunmow.
The school was established in 1958 and is named in honour of the firs...