The Governors are seeking to appoint a well-qualified and talented Lead Practitioner of English to join our hardworking and committed team. The successful candidate will be joining a strong collaborative and cohesive department. We encourage applications from teachers with leadership potential who will prosper in a forward thinking and innovative school environment.
• Provide pedagogic leadership with the English department.
• Play a key role in the raising of standards of teaching and learning across the department and subsequently the academy.
• Support the professional development of colleagues.
• Ensure continued improvement in teaching and learning highlighting areas of development resulting in a positive impact on student learning and attainment.
• Promote the use of all key teaching and learning strategies, to ensure the highest quality of teaching is used throughout the department.
We can offer you:
• Enthusiastic and hardworking students.
• A supportive and forward thinking department
• Teaching at all key stages
• Excellent ICT for learning resources
• Outstanding professional development and guidance for teachers at all stages of their careers.
This post is subject to satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure Certificate. The Sutton Academy is committed to equal opportunities.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.