LEAD PRACTITIONER OF SCIENCE
Walworth Academy is a thriving school in the heart of central London. We serve a vibrant, diverse community in Zone 2, with excellent access to all the city has to offer for students and staff alike.
We seek a motivated and inspiring Leader to head our Science team at this exciting point in our development. With access to cutting-edge expertise and development through the wider network, and a specialist recruitment and development programme for trainees, this is an exciting opportunity for a motivated professional to build and develop an outstanding hub of science practice at both Secondary and Sixth form phases. Our location in central London provides excellent access to real-world examples of scientific excellence for curriculum enrichment, and our commitment to partnership working enables the successful candidate to build a truly unique example of scientific practice within out school community. We welcome applications from suitably experienced candidates looking to develop drama provision across the age ranges in our successful Secondary and Sixth Form.
Our staff are:
· Committed, enthusiastic practitioners seeking to support excellent progress for our students
· Educators who aspire to the highest standards of behaviour, academic success, and wellbeing for all in our community
· Resilient, reflective and thoughtful professionals, seeking to develop themselves with us
In return, we offer:
· An externally recognised progression route with the support of anationally recognised network.
· Dedicated Network Leads for subjects and areas, providing cutting edge training and development opportunities
· A fully accessible, well resourced, multi-million pound building in which to practice
· A school community with a genuine family ethos, investing in staff wellbeing with sports and events
· Varied routes into teaching and industry-recognised professional qualifications (ATT, PGCE, TeachFirst, NowTeach, NPQML, NPQSL, BA and Masters programmes)
· A comprehensive support and induction programme for all staff including accommodation in zone 2 available for NQTs and trainees.
· A dedicated Employee Assistance and benefits package from Ark
Further details about the post and how to apply can be found on our website: www.walworthacademy.org. We look forward to receiving your application.
The closing date for receipt of applications is: 9am on Monday 15th October
Proposed Interviews are planned for: Wednesday 17th October
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check