This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, exceptional teacher to develop and to use their abilities and knowledge within a supportive environment.
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational Lead Practitioner of Science who will also focus on the development of Teaching and Learning across the school. They will provide outstanding pedagogical leadership, take a major role in the professional development of colleagues and be part of a dynamic, growing and committed team.
This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional experienced classroom teacher to make a significant contribution to the school. A colleague who will embrace our drive to ensure that Science is at the core of our curriculum and has students' progress at the forefront of their teaching.
Northwood School offers:
- Support for new members of staff
- A well-established induction programme
- Professional development with progression
- A well-embedded performance management structure
- Bike to Work scheme
- Varied day and residential trips, both abroad and in the UK
- The full support of the Leadership Group, the Head of Department and colleagues
- A fantastic social life and loads more
- Northwood School is a highly successful, high performing 11-18 comprehensive in the London Borough of Hillingdon
- Judged 'Outstanding'- Ofsted October 2018
- Significantly positive value-added for the past six years. In 2019 our Progress 8 of 0.96 places us in the top 10% of schools nationally
You will have proven experience in:
- Evaluating and developing the quality of teaching and learning
- Enthusing and motivating students
- Teaching up to A-Level
We are looking for a colleague who:
- Is efficient, adaptable, personable and shares the vision of excellence within Northwood School
- Has proven experience of delivering outstanding learning in lessons
- Is looking for an exciting opportunity to work with Northwood School in order to drive their personal career forward and share and develop new ideas
Applications will close at 12.00 p.m. on Friday 15th January 2021
Apply now by completing the TES online application form
If you would like an informal conversation with the Headteacher or to arrange a visit, please contact the Headteacher’s PA (Mrs Swan) on 01923 836363 or email email@example.com
We reserve the right to close vacancies early if we have sufficient suitable applications. Therefore, we encourage interested applicants to submit an application as soon as possible.
The QED Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and a criminal record check with the Data Barring Service.
* Previous applicants need not apply
Northwood (London Borough of Hillingdon)
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
WELCOME TO NORTHWOOD SCHOOL
It is my pleasure to extend a very warm welcome to the Northwood School career site, which I hope you find both interesting and informative.
Northwood is a rapidly growing, popular, 11-18, fully-inclusive co-educatio...