This is a fantastic opportunity for a well-qualified, driven professional, who is an excellent practitioner in Science to join our large science department.
We had a really strong and positive field previously but this vacancy has arisen due to sudden change in an individual's circumstances.
We are looking for an individual with a proven track record in leadership to provide teaching and learning coaching to a team of 25 teachers, assisting the Director of Science in supporting the team in reaching their full teaching potential.
We teach a rigorous academic curriculum with a clear focus on supporting all students achieve positive outcomes. You will work with the Director of Science to continually drive attainment and standards across the department.
Please contact us if you would like to discuss this exciting opportunity further.
Poole High School is an 11-19 comprehensive school serving families throughout the historic town of Poole. As the largest school in this selective catchment, we pride ourselves on the fact that all students thrive in this caring and collaborative environment. Our students are well motivated and co-operative, and the team spirit in this large school is second to none. In 2018, Poole high School achieved a Progress 8 score of +0.19 putting us ‘above average’ for progress nationally.
We have high expectations of our staff, and we value them highly. Our school systems ensure you can focus on teaching high quality lessons in a sustainable manner – dealing with poor behaviour centrally, and limiting the amount ‘data’ we expect teaching staff to deal with.
The school has delightful landscaped grounds and is very well resourced, being located at the heart of the town with excellent access by road and public transport. The quality of life in Poole is good and there is easy access to diverse range of cultural and scenic attractions.
What we offer
• Students who are well motivated and co-operative
• Well managed behaviour systems
• Same-day detentions for poor behaviour and poor attitudes toward learning – leaving you free to teach high quality lessons.
• A school feedback policy that focuses around whole-class feedback helping to limit onerous marking.
• No formally graded lesson observations and an emphasis on ‘coaching’
• Collaborative planning with shared units of work and resources
• A centrally managed set of extensive ICT facilities running Windows 10 on the latest hardware and all the expected software. Easy requests for any specialist software to be installed.