The Polesworth School is a thriving 11-18 comprehensive with a dynamic sixth form that is extremely popular and well regarded by its North Warwickshire community. It is a founder member of The Community Academies Trust – A DFE sponsor and successful academy chain. We are also a National Teaching School. The Polesworth School is OUTSTANDING! Ofsted recognizes the exceptional levels of academic success, care, welfare, relationships and leadership that exist across our school.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding, inspirational and dynamic professional who has the capacity to be a Lead Practitioner within our high performing Science Department and across the wider school and Trust.
The purpose of this role is:
• To lead, develop and implement teaching and learning initiatives and strategies throughout the school, Trust and Teaching School which improve the practice of colleagues and promote excellent outcomes for all students.
• To contribute to the formulation of the school’s aims and policies and ensure that they are translated into action in the classroom.
• To help ensure a high calibre of teaching professionals through timely, appropriate and high quality continuous professional development.
• To secure continuous improvement leading to transformation in the teaching of the subject, raising standards and producing the highest levels of student achievement.
• To be accountable for leading, managing and developing the subject/curriculum area as well as student progress and development.
We can offer you;
• Focussed career development, including structured CPD
• An outstanding team that work together collaboratively, sharing fantastic ideas and resources
• A supportive induction process and a range of systems to help you continue to develop.
We are keen to welcome colleagues who share our passion for engaging students in learning and inspiring them to achieve.
• Do you want to make a real difference to the lives of our students?
• Do you have what it takes to work with a determined team of Lead Practitioners and teaching staff, who promote excellence, and consistently challenge you to improve?
Closing date: 9.00 am on Thursday 17th October 2019 – Please be aware that all applications will be considered upon receipt and interviews will take place shortly after.
The application form and job pack for this post is available on our website at www.thepolesworthschool.com or linked to this advert. Visits to the school are encouraged and welcomed. If you would like to discuss this role further please contact Mrs Nicky Holland, Head’s PA & HR Manager on 01827 702278 or via email at email@example.com
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The above post is subject to a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure Certificate with Barred List check (child) via the Disclosure and Barring Service.