ASH MANOR SCHOOL
MANOR ROAD, ASH, SURREY, GU12 6QH
Tel: 01252 353900
Head Teacher: Ms A Bailey
LEAD PRACTITIONER SCIENCE - REQUIRED FOR SEPTEMBER
Salary: London Fringe L4-L10
Contract: Full Time and Permanent
Suitable for experienced teachers
Ash Manor School is a successful 11–16 mixed comprehensive judged as ‘Good’ by Ofsted in its most recent inspection and is now on a journey to becoming outstanding. The quality of teaching and learning in the school is excellent and we are committed to supporting and developing this to become exceptional. We have a large team of talented, creative Lead Practitioners who are responsible for continuing to improve the educational experience of our students through the provision of excellent CPD, coaching, mentoring and curriculum development. We are now seeking to appoint a highly motivated, creative and enthusiastic lead practitioner in Physics to join this team.
The Science department is very well resourced and has two new science laboratories with two further band new labs currently under construction and scheduled for completion by September. Combined Science and the separate sciences are taught; our results are well above national average and progress of students is high.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who:
• Believes in young people.
• Is dynamic, innovative and inspirational in the classroom.
• Is passionate about Science and Physics in particular and is keen to improve standards across all year groups.
• Ensures all students succeed and are able to achieve their maximum potential.
• Has the ability to teach outstanding lessons across the age range.
• Is committed to raising standards of attainment and developing the success of the faculty and school.
• Is passionate and skilled in supporting staff across the school to become the best teachers they can be.
• Enjoys working as part of a team.
• Sets high expectations of themselves and their students.
In return we will offer you:
• A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the capability and desire to raise student achievement even further.
• Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and are proud of their learning environment.
• Opportunities for further professional development.
• Child Care Voucher Scheme.
• Extra-curricular sporting facilities for staff.
• A caring and supportive working environment within a vibrant school community.
Potential applicant visits are welcomed. Visit www.ashmanorschool.com > Vacancies. Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for the receipt of completed applications: Wednesday 24th February at 9am
Early applications recommended as we may interview early upon obtaining an excellent short list of candidates.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for this role.
Ash Manor School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Ash Manor School is a caring and vibrant school community which prides itself on providing the highest standards for every child. We do this through excellent teaching and learning, which ensures that all students reach their full potential. &n...