This is a new role in the Department for Education and for the Diocese as a whole. Education represents one of the most important aspects of the mission of the Church. It is an essential role in ensuring consistency in standards of teaching and learning throughout the diocesan family of schools and colleges. We are seeking to recruit an exceptional individual to model innovative and creative teaching pedagogy within an impact driven environment.
The successful candidate, will be a permanent, full-time member of the Department for Education and will also participate in the general responsibilities of this Department. They will have specific responsibilities which may change from time to time.
The successful post holder must have:
- A strong personal faith and be a committed, practising Roman Catholic.
- An excellent knowledge of Catholic Education and Catholic Teachings on Education.
- Substantial experience as a successful school leader in a primary phase setting and a very good understanding of 4-11 religious education taught in Catholic schools
- Experience of current teaching pedagogy and assessment strategies together with an interest in classroom research, development and innovation
- The ability to provide effective support to middle and senior leaders
- The understanding and experience to challenge effectively the standards of religious education teaching in our schools
Travel around the Diocese will be necessary and the post holder will have access to their own vehicle for which essential user mileage will be paid. The nature of the duties of the successful candidate are that it will inevitably on occasion be necessary to work outside office hours as the demands of the role require.
All employees are expected to provide colleagues with respect and dignity and support the creation of a warm and hospitable environment.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on Tuesday 23rd April 2019
For an application pack, further information on the role or to arrange an informal discussion with the Director of Education, please contact:
The Director of Administration and Personnel, Department of Finance and Administration, Cathedral Centre, 3 Ford Street, Salford, M3 6DP
Telephone: 0161-817 2222 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Diocese of Salford is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure by the Disclosure and Barring Service and successful candidates
will be expected to contribute to a positive culture of safeguarding within the organisation.
Salford Roman Catholic Diocesan Trustees Registered Charity
Registered Charity No. 250037