Lead Teacher - Mathematics
MPR/UPR TLR2 (£2,720 - £6,645)
- Have the ambition, vision and drive to support leadership in the development of Mathematics in a dynamic, forward-thinking department?
- Wish to work as part of an exciting new team and contribute to the development of a world class Mathematics curriculum?
- Have the qualities required to develop professionals to fulfil your vision and to contribute to driving Mathematics leadership and management forward?
- Wish to inspire young minds to develop a love of learning?
If so, Sir Thomas Wharton Academy is the place to continue the next stage of your career.
The Maltby Learning Trust, consisting of primary and secondary Academies, is a vibrant and inspiring place to work and learn, striving to secure excellence in all aspects of its work.
We are seeking to appoint a highly qualified, ambitious and talented Lead Teacher in Mathematics to play a key role in the Mathematics Department’s improvement journey by providing additional leadership capacity. A passion for Mathematics and a strong commitment to developing young Mathematicians who are invested in achieving their potential is essential.
Our successful candidate will:
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner, with high expectations of all learners and professionals within the team
- Be a team player and work closely with other leaders in Mathematics to develop and implement effective strategies and processes of departmental improvement
- Be committed to raising standards for all students of Mathematics
In return we offer:
- An outstanding induction programme with supportive and dynamic staff
- Excellent career development opportunities and access to a comprehensive programme of Personalised Professional Learning and Development
- An opportunity to work collaboratively within a multi academy Trust
Prospective candidates are invited to visit the Academy and meet the team. Please contact Reception on 01709 864100 if you wish to make an appointment.
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
How do I apply?
For further information please contact Mrs Allie Cowley, Assistant Vice Principal - Mathematics, at email@example.com
An Application Form, Role Description and Person Specification can be found on the Trust/Academy website or can be obtained by calling the Academy on the number below.
Completed applications including a covering letter detailing how your skills and experience to date will prepare you for this role should be addressed to Mrs Yvonne Bootman, Associate Principal and submitted to Mrs Nichola Winder, PA to the Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Academy address below:
Tait Avenue, Edlington, Doncaster, DN12 1HH
Closing Date: Monday 25th February 2019
Interviews: Wednesday 27th February 2019
Committed to Safeguarding & Promoting the Welfare of Children
An Equal Opportunities Employer