Hammersmith Academy, a state-of-the-art Academy specialising in Creative & Digital Media and IT, is a truly comprehensive, fair-banded Academy where staff “are committed to getting the best outcomes for students”. We were judged to be a good school with many outstanding features by Ofsted in March 2017.
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and inspiring Head of Art. The successful applicant will be well-qualified, experienced specialists who are committed to achieving high standards and developing each child to their potential.
We are enormously proud of our Art Department and the success already achieved since opening.
If you are an outstanding leader with high expectations, who can achieve the highest standards from your students and staff team and can create a culture of success through challenge and innovation as well as instil a love of learning, we would like to hear from you.
The Subject Leaders will need to demonstrate the following in the development of a successful Academy in line with the sponsors’ vision:
- Leadership, vision and drive to raise educational standards;
- An inclusive approach to a school ethos of achievement;
- Commitment to a varied and effective range of teaching methods underpinned by modern technology and on-line learning approaches, and to the development of students as effective autonomous learners;
- Provide excellent leadership which promotes the highest standards teaching in the subject area;
- The ability to combine clear vision and the translation of ideas into action;
- Commitment to the benefits to students of a longer taught day and an extensive enrichment programme;
- Determination to achieve ambitious targets and outcomes;
- Responsibility and accountability for all decisions taken;
- Ability to work effectively with others and represent the Academy to the local and wider community;
- Lead, develop and implement an innovative and creative online curriculum and learning programme;
- Utilise the most appropriate resources for the subject area and ensure that they are used efficiently, effectively and safely whilst providing value for money;
- Secure excellent progress and attainment of students in the subject area;
- Play a role in the leadership of the pastoral structure within the academy;
- Develop and implement policies, plans, targets and practices within the context of the Academy’s vision and ethos.
This is an opportunity to become part of Hammersmith Academy at its most pivotal and exciting time covering Maternity leave.
For further details visit our website www.hammersmithacademy.org to download an application form.
For general recruitment enquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 28th February 2018