Isaac Newton Academy, Redbridge
Principal: Rachel Macfarlane
Lead Teacher of Chemistry
Brand-new all-through mixed 4-18 comprehensive in Redbridge.
In September 2012 Isaac Newton Academy opened with its inaugural cohort of 180 year 7 students. In 2014 the primary phase opened with 90 pupils per year group. The school will grow, year on year, to become a 4-18 academy of nearly 2000 students.
We are looking to appoint an inspirational Chemistry teacher who shares our belief in the highest standards of academic attainment in a comprehensive setting. This is a rare opportunity to be centrally involved in establishing an outstanding school from its early stages. The department currently comprises of a Head of Department, two members of the Senior Leadership Team, one pastoral leader for Year 12, a lead teacher of Biology, a lead teacher of Physics and four full time science teachers. The department was highly commended in the recent OFSTED report (June 2014): “The majority of teaching is outstanding. The highest quality of practice exists in science...”
The successful candidate will:
- have excellent subject knowledge
- To be able to plan, teach and mark effectively for Key stage 3, Key stage 4 Science lessons and contribute to our development of Key stage 5 Chemistry.
- Achieve outstanding student attainment outcomes
- Possess the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of Ilford residents.
They will have the opportunity to:
- play a strategic role in the evolution of Isaac Newton Academy
- be involved in the design and development of the Science curriculum
- join the Ark network, with comprehensive CPD provision.
If you are seeking a challenging and highly rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students who attend Isaac Newton Academy and members of the local community, then we are keen to hear from you.
If you have any technical issues with the application form, please contact our recruitment team on 0203 116 6345 or email@example.com. For a candidate information pack or an informal, confidential discussion please contact our HR Office, on 020 8911 6657 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply please go to https://goo.gl/959KrF. Please complete your application by 9am on Friday 2nd February 2018.
Location: Ilford, Redbridge
Start date: April 2018
Deadline: 9am on Friday 2nd February 2018
Salary: MPS/UPS + TLR2B
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.