We currently have an exciting opportunity for a well-qualified and enthusiastic Lead Teacher of Mathematics to join our existing Mathematics Department. The post would suit an ambitious teacher looking for career development.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 17 October 2019
Primarily based on our Ruskington Campus, the Lead Teacher of Mathematics will support the following additional responsibilities:
• To manage and lead members of staff in the Mathematics Department on the Ruskington Campus, setting high professional standards.
• To support the Director of Maths, deputising as appropriate.
• To have an up-to-date knowledge of the subject area.
• To ensure schemes of works are established and utilised within the department.
• To monitor teaching within department.
• To monitor pupil progress within the department.
• To establish and maintain good discipline in the department.
• To ensure the department area is well maintained and has suitable displays.
• To budget efficiently.
• To develop faculty plans and targets which contribute to improvement
St George’s Academy is a large, successful, 11-18 mixed secondary school of 2,200 students (including 331 in the sixth form and 452 on our Ruskington Campus) with outstanding facilities in all areas. The Academy serves Sleaford, Ruskington and the surrounding Lincolnshire villages. The Academy is rated ‘good’ by Ofsted and has secured three consecutive years of positive Progress 8.
If you would like to join an enthusiastic and friendly team of dedicated staff, then we would be delighted to hear from you.
The closing date for applications is 9am Monday 14 October 2019
Further details including the job description for the role and application forms are available from our website at http://www.st-georges-academy.org/information/vacancies. Please note that CV’s are not acceptable.
Should you have any questions or wish to arrange an informal visit to the Academy, you can contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01529 301162. Informal visits are welcomed to all roles and can be offered outside of core school hours where this would be helpful.
St George’s Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The position is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.