A fantastic opportunity to join the Philosophy department at the London Academy of Excellence Tottenham – the Sunday Times ‘State 6th Form College of the Year 2020-21’.
LAE Tottenham opened in September 2017 and has nearly 490 students on roll as of September 2020. It is an academically selective 16-19 free school harnessing the support of nine independent schools to offer unrivalled educational opportunities to the most ambitious and motivated 16-19 year olds from Haringey and beyond.
The successful applicant will have exceptional subject knowledge and work within the Philosophy department to inspire aspirational and motivated students and support them to achieve outstanding outcomes.
This role may be suitable for an NQT, or a teacher looking to build their A Level experience in Philosophy and keen to work with motivated and academic students. Unqualified teachers with passion and subject expertise are also encouraged to apply.
Pay dependent on experience, using the LAE Tottenham pay scale.
Part time (0.6) from 1 September 2021
• Academically selective 6th form, opened in September 2017. Results in the top 3% nationally for attainment and progress.
• Principal Education Sponsor Highgate School and Lead Business Sponsor Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.
• Partnered by eight other leading independent schools - Alleyn’s, Chigwell, Haberdashers’ Aske’s Boys’, Harrow, John Lyon, North London Collegiate, Mill Hill and St Dunstan’s College, each offering departmental support, CPD, expertise and shared student experiences.
• Providing first-class support into top class higher education and employment, focused on academically ambitious young people
• Opportunities within the Chrysalis East programme, working with local secondary and primary schools to raise attainment across Tottenham
• Housed in a stunning new state of the art school building linked to White Hart Lane stadium
• Sunday Times ‘State 6th Form College of the Year 2020-21’
Interviews will take place the week beginning Monday 8 February.
London Academy of Excellence Tottenham (LAET)
- with state - free school funding
- Further Education
- Students of mixed gender, age 16 - 19 years