Lea Valley is an 11-19 academy with 1200 students on roll. A new Principal commenced in role in September 2018 and the academy is on a transformational journey; this is an exciting time to join our team and to be part of building a beacon of educational excellence.
We are looking to appoint inspirational Lead Teachers of Progress for years 7, 8, 9 and 10 who shares our belief in the highest standards of academic attainment in a comprehensive setting and who has the drive and experience to help lead the academy rapidly on its journey to outstanding. As Lead Teacher of Progress, they will be responsible for leading on a range of strategic responsibilities and may include monitoring of standards, tracking and analysis of results/data, behaviour management and achievement.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an outstanding teacher and leader
• Lead and manage staff with credibility and due diligence
• Be committed to the academy’s ethos of high expectations and high aspirations
• Possess the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of the community we serve
• Have the ability to develop the leadership skills of others
• Have strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
They will have the opportunity to:
• Play a significant role in the development of Lea Valley Academy
• Be centrally involved in the leadership and management of the academy and will help establish a school culture that is both nurturing and ambitious
• Join the Cedars Learning Trust and receive comprehensive CPD through the school and associated networks
If you are seeking a challenging and highly rewarding position where you enrich the lives of the students who attend Lea Valley Academy, then we want to hear from you.
For a candidate information pack and a confidential/informal discussion, please contact Mrs J Williams on 01992 704625 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Visits to Lea Valley Academy are strongly encouraged and can be booked through Mrs J Williams. Please include a supporting statement with your application of no more than 2 pages of A4, outlining how your knowledge, skills and experiences to date have prepared you effectively for the role of Assistant Principal at Lea Valley Academy.
Location : Enfield, North London
Reporting to : Principal (Day to day management overseen by Assistant Principal)
Tour : Friday 15th February at 1.30pm (please book)
Start Date : Easter 2019
Deadline : Thursday 21st February 2019 (9.00am)
Interview Date : Thursday 28th February 2019
Salary : L5-L8
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/ vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.