Springwell Learning Community requires an exceptional Science teacher who is passionate about providing the best possible education and care for vulnerable students. This post will involve teaching Science at key stages 3 and 4, including GCSE level as well as delivering Science and supporting non-specialist teachers in delivering Science to Key Stage 3. There may also be a requirement to teach a small amount of Mathematics.
Part of the Wellspring Multi Academy Trust, Springwell Alternative Academy (KS1-4) is part of Springwell Learning Community along with Springwell Special Academy which is an outstanding cross-phase SEMH Special School with a national reputation for excellence in working with children and young people with special educational needs and SEMH. As a National Teaching School, Springwell is at the cutting edge of educational development, involved in national research and development, teacher training, bespoke CPD and school-to-school support regionally and nationally.
We are seeking:
• An exceptional teacher who is able to work with vulnerable pupils with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH) or an outstanding NQT passionate about working in an SEMH setting
• An individual who is passionate about making a real difference to student’s life chances and supporting them in achieving their potential
• The ability to be creative and use imaginative flair to engage is essential, along with having unconditional positive regard, resilience, drive and high expectations to inspire students to achieve
We can offer you:
• High quality professional development and support including bespoke CPD
• Small class sizes
• Progression opportunities in the school and in the Wellspring Multi Academy Trust
• Possibility to be involved in educational research and development
• Specialist support and training will be provided for any teacher who wishes to move from a mainstream setting
Join us at our recruitment event on Saturday 21st April 2018 from 9.30am to 12.30pm to find out more about our academies and our current vacancies. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss the position further then please call either Dave Whitaker (Executive Principal) or Verity Watts (Associate Executive Principal) on 01226 327076
The deadline for electronic submission is Monday 23rd April 2018 at 5pm
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 2nd May 2018
Please do not send a CV as this cannot be accepted.
Please note: you will be required to undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Springwell Learning Community is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment