Lead Teacher of Science
Leadership 5 - 9
We are seeking to appoint a highly effective, enthusiastic and experienced teacher to the post of Lead Teacher of Science at the Academy. This is a new post created to support the further development of teaching and learning in science and to contribute to teaching and learning developments across the academy.
This is an exciting time to join our team. In our most recent Ofsted inspection, leadership and management and students’ behaviour, personal development and welfare were judged to be good and inspectors recognised the many strong improvements we have made. This role will provide the successful applicant with an exciting opportunity to lead further improvements in teaching and learning as part of a strong and committed team.
We are proud to be a member of The Consortium Academy Trust and benefit greatly from being part of a family of schools with a successful history of partnership working that promotes excellence, inspirational teaching and learning and outstanding school to school support. The Continuing Professional Development opportunities and scope for further career development offered by the Trust are excellent.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about making a difference. Our students are fantastic and deserve the very best. Our team of staff is passionate about providing the highest quality of education and support throughout each child’s time at our academy. If you have the necessary skills, qualities and passion required to join our team, please get in touch.
To be successful you will:
- Be committed to the vision, aims and values of Winifred Holtby Academy.
- Be a highly effective teacher with a strong track record of achieving good outcomes for students.
- Be passionate about the teaching of science and committed to developing others.
- Be committed to the raising of academic standards in science at Key Stage 3 and 4.
- Be able to inspire students to achieve their full potential in science.
- Be committed to your own professional and career development.
In return, we can offer you:
- A positive and optimistic working environment focused on student progress
- Exceptional facilities and resources to enable you to teach to your full potential
- An opportunity to grow and develop within a strong team of committed specialists
- Excellent professional development opportunities
Further details, including job description and person specification are available from the Academy website (www.winifredholtbyacademy.co.uk)
If you wish to discuss this role informally or arrange a visit to the Academy, please contact Mr Gent, Director of Science - Tel: 01482 826207
Closing date: Noon on Monday 14th October 2019
Interview Date: TBC
Completed application forms should be returned to Mrs Bowman, P.A. to Mr Brown (Headteacher) firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
As part of the pre-appointment check, all applicants will be checked for a Prohibition Order in EEA member states and also GTCE Sanctions prior to shortlisting
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.