ST FINBARR’S PRIMARY - BYRON BAY
Diocese of Lismore
St Finbarr’s Primary is a school that strives to be truly Catholic in our identity and life; a centre of the new evangelisation and a place where the dignity and potential of every student is recognised and enabled to achieve the fullness of life. St Finbarr’s Primary is a place where students are formed in the faith and can achieve high levels of ‘Catholic religious literacy’ and practice.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified teachers for the following position:
Leader of Catechesis
The person appointed will have a permanent teaching position in the school and will involve a teaching load.
Co2 point “Leaders of” positions are offered a contract within a set 3-year cycle as coordinator. A new cycle commences in 2019 -2021.
All co-ordinator positions must be advertised every 3 years within the school and incumbents are eligible for reappointment.
Teachers who are appointed to a leadership position, whether new to the position or applying to be re-appointed for the contract period 2019 - 2021, should have begun, or will begin to make a commitment to complete the requirements of Accreditation To Work Teach and Lead, Category E, during this next triennium cycle.
- have a commitment to the practice of the Catholic faith and appropriate Religious Education qualifications;
- have a knowledge of and commitment to the Catholic ethos and mission of the parish school;
- have a commitment to professional growth in accordance with the National Professional Standards for Teachers;
- be willing to contribute positively as a committed member of a Professional Learning Community who demonstrates highly effective teaching skills; classroom management and facilitating rich learning through the use of contemporary technologies;
- be willing to teach any year level from K-6;
- hold a current NSW Working with Children Check;
- hold current NESA Teacher accreditation.
Please nominate three (3) referees, one of whom is the Parish Priest from your usual place of worship. Please email your application as a single PDF or Word file to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Principal - Tim Bleakley,St Finbarr’s Primary BYRON BAY NSW 2481
Applications must be received by 23 November 2018.
Child protection legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Information on how to Register for Employment in the Lismore is available on the Catholic Schools Office website