Leader of English
Full Time, Permanent Post
+ TLR 1C (£9,663)
Required from September 2019
The Governors of Thornleigh Salesian College are looking to appoint a well-qualified Leader of English to further strengthen our English team. This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced teacher looking for that next step towards a senior role.
You will be working alongside the Director of English in providing leadership, innovation and direction in teaching and learning.
You will be responsible for the day to day running of the department and for raising achievement and attainment as well as monitoring the work of other TLR holders.
If you are
• Passionate about working with young people
• Excited about developing world class teaching and learning
• Ambitious for yourself and the students that you teach
• A dynamic classroom practitioner with high expectations
• A flexible and creative teacher who can enthuse and inspire
• Committed to excellence
• Dedicated to your own professional development
Then we would love you to come and work with us.
In return we can offer you
• The opportunity to work alongside a dedicated team of staff in a well-resourced, innovative and supportive English department
• Excellent Professional Development and Learning opportunities
• A friendly, inclusive school where all are respected
Closing date for applications: 12noon Tuesday 23rd April 2019
Interviews: Thursday 25th April 2019
Application packs can be downloaded from the school website or via email@example.com
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.