|Location||ABERDEEN St Joseph's High School|
|Vacancy Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Description||St Joseph’s High School, Aberdeen is currently seeking a full-time permanent Leader of Learning - English commencing Term 1, 2022. This position attracts a 2 point allowance.
St Joseph’s High School is a co-educational, year 7-12 school committed in partnership with the community to meeting the academic, social, physical and spiritual needs of its students. St Joseph’s promotes an authentic learning community with a rigorous and comprehensive academic curriculum encouraging high standards of education for every student.
Relocating to a new community to live and work is a leap of faith. it involves a shifting away from family, friends and familiar routines. However, it can also open up possibilities of opportunities for professional growth, unique experiences and new friendships.
|Position Requirements||Leaders of Learning are entrusted with the responsibility to assist students in making sense of their world, to make informed decisions and judgements, and to act with moral and ethical integrity.
Within their faculty they will:
• ensure the highest standards of teaching practice
• lead and support the ongoing development, implementation and oversight of quality teaching programs and learning outcomes
• have deep understanding and expertise in KLA curriculum requirements
• establish a culture of collaborative and reflective practice
• support individuals in identifying new experiences for their continual professional development
• know their students and strive to provide engaging learning that supports student wellbeing.
The Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults, preventing those in our care from suffering abuse or neglect. The Diocese is committed to being compliant with the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations and the National Catholic Safeguarding Standards. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, retain a valid NSW Working with Children Check and ensure compliance with our safeguarding policies, the Diocesan Safeguarding Commitment Statement and the Code’s of Conduct.
• Ability to articulate a clear understanding of and a personal commitment to Catholic education and the mission of the Church through Catholic schools
• The applicant should have a four-year trained teacher classification with at least four years successful teaching experience consistent with the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
• Demonstrated success in creating and leading effective professional learning and building the capacity of teachers as leaders in learning
• Demonstrated management and administrative skills to ensure assessment, and teaching and learning programs operate effectively and efficiently
• Demonstrated ability to organise, initiate and drive change and ensure a culture of continuous improvement
• Demonstrated capacity to think and act strategically; to exercise sound judgement; and to support the Leadership Team in leading the mission of the school
• Demonstrated ability to effectively utilise data to optimise organisational and educational outcomes
• High level communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to develop and sustain constructive and respectful relationships within and beyond the school community
• Willingness to comply with the CSO Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead Policy. Category C – Accreditation for Leadership
The applicant must provide evidence of the following:
• Four-year trained teacher classification
• NESA Teacher Accreditation
• Working with Children Clearance number
• Completion of anaphylaxis training
|Desirable Criteria||• Prior leadership experience
• Postgraduate study in education (e.g. Master of leadership, educational leadership, IT, Curriculum)
• Working towards Highly Accomplished or Lead Teaching Standards
|Conditions of Employment||Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2020. This position attracts a 2 Point Coordinator Allowance of $16,756.00.|
|Applications Close||Friday 17 September, 2021|
|Instructions||Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.|
|Robert Holstein (email@example.com)||6543 7444|
By email (preferred):
|Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info||To apply:
• Please provide a cover letter (maximum 3 pages) addressing the selection criteria along with your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Applicants should nominate at least two (2) referees, two of whom must be the person's current principal and previous supervisor. If you are applying as a Graduate Teacher, please provide contact details for your most recent Supervising Teacher. If you are not currently working in a school, please provide your previous supervisor/principal.
• Please ensure you provide out of hours contact details for your referees. Not providing these details can delay the recruitment process. ** Please note: all selection criteria must be adequately addressed for your application to be considered for shortlisting.**
St Joseph's High School