Required for September 2018, a dynamic classroom practitioner with the ability to lead a highly successful departmental team and to play a key leadership role in the school. The Becket School is a heavily over-subscribed and highly successful Catholic Voluntary Academy, part of South Nottingham Catholic Academy Trust with a 6th Form of over 270 students. Science is a high achieving and very popular department with over half of the sixth form taking at least two Science subjects at A level.
• possess QTS
• be a committed and motivated classroom teacher with a proven track record of achieving excellent results
• possess the ability to inspire and lead others
• be able to teach Science in at least one subject specialism to A level.
We can offer:
• wonderful students who have a passion for learning and deserve the very best
• an outstanding team of talented and highly committed Science teachers
• a supportive working environment with excellent facilities
• a commitment to outstanding CPD opportunities for all staff through our position as a lead school in the Trust’s Teaching School Alliance
• a post which is ideal for someone aspiring to senior leadership as we offer regular short term secondments to the SLT for those wishing to develop their whole school experience.
We are a welcoming and inclusive school and are happy to accept applications from those of all faiths and none who are supportive of the school’s Catholic character and Christian ethos.
You can download an application pack from the TES website, by visiting our website www.becketonline.co.uk or by emailing Mrs Di Maxwell, Trust HR Leader, at the school, email@example.com
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed - to arrange an appointment please email the HR team - firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 26 February 2018 (12 noon)
The Trust is committed to safe recruitment and the post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check
The Becket School, The Becket Way, Wilford Lane, West Bridgford, Nottingham NG2 7QY Tel: 0115 982 4280