Castleford Academy is an 11-19 over subscribed, successful mixed comprehensive of over 1,400 pupils offering a rich and deep curriculum. We are firmly committed to establishing first class standards and are proud of our achievements. Our expectations are high and this is reflected in our very successful academic record. The Academy was inspected in October 2019 and was judged ‘Outstanding’.
Leaders challenge and support all stakeholders to achieve outstanding outcomes for all pupils across the MAT. We value and develop our staff by attracting and retaining high quality teachers, supporting them to achieve their best and create opportunities for professional growth and development.
Leader of Maths
To start September 2021
L8 – L11
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, dynamic, motivated and able Leader of Maths to lead our successful Maths department.
The role is based within a very successful department who achieve outstanding results.
In 2018-19, 76% of pupils achieved at least a grade 4 in Maths, with a progress score significantly above the national average with a P8 of +0.76. 27% of pupils achieved a grade 7 or above, with 12 pupils achieving a grade 9.
We are looking for an excellent practitioner to work collaboratively with other Leaders of Department to develop colleagues in delivering outstanding lessons and develop the Maths curriculum, raising academic achievement and ensuring all pupils make outstanding progress.
You will be:
• Able to inspire pupils of all abilities within Maths to achieve their highest potential across Key Stage 3/4.
• Able to lead a team of high achieving specialists.
• Committed to delivering consistently outstanding teaching and ability to share your practice with others in a constructive and collaborative manner.
• Contribute to the strategic development of the department by implementing new initiatives, monitoring and reporting on key outcomes, to ensure the department meets academic targets.
• Responsible and be accountable for pupil attainment and achievement, by tracking pupil progress and supporting individual pupils’ learning needs.
You will be/have:
• An outstanding practitioner.
• Inspirational, dedicated and motivated.
• A dedication to being the best you can be.
• A passion for Maths and the education of young people.
• Committed to Castleford Academy values.
• Committed to achieving the best for every pupil.
• Supportive of the Academy’s ethos and values at all times both within the Academy and the wider community.
• Committed to inspiring pupils and staff in the development of teaching initiatives and strategies, promoting Maths as a subject.
• Able to provide an active contribution to the wider part of Academy life.
Castleford Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. For all positions at Castleford Academy you are required to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check prior to appointment.
If you are interested in this role now or in the future, or seek information on the school, the role or ‘how to apply’ then please visit www.castlefordacademy.com or contact Miss Ellis Betteridge, HR Officer on 01977 605060. Application forms can be downloaded from our website.
The closing date for applications is Monday 17th May at 12 noon, interview date to be confirmed.
Completed applications should be addressed to Mr George Panayiotou, Headteacher at the school address or via email to email@example.com
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years