The Education team at Practice Managers Association is looking to recruit a Leadership and Management Tutor / Assessor to join the team on its exciting journey to being a first choice training provider for leadership and management provision.
The PMA is the representative body for all managers and non-clinical professionals across the Health and Social Care sectors. We provide both professional development and career pathway support – and also professional recognition for all non-clinicians.
The PMA delivers a comprehensive portfolio of workshops, learning opportunities and formal education programmes. Together with the Professional Membership – we offer progressive professional and career development.
The PMA have engaged many thousands of your colleagues and peers to bridge skills gaps and continually update knowledge through the creation and delivery of a comprehensive portfolio of workshops, formal education programmes, courses and blended learning.
The PMA is a recognised institution and provider of professional services and professional recognition – which is key to a vibrant membership community in excess of 25,000.
The post holder will be expected to:
• Deliver high quality training to individuals and groups ensuring that learners progress
and achieve their qualifications or programme in a timely manner.
• Provide excellent pastoral support through individual reviews and 1:1s to ensure that
barriers to learning are minimised and learners are supported to complete their
programme of study.
• Understand the requirements of apprenticeship standards, plan an effective training
and assessment model and review and track learners progress against the relevant standard.
• To ensure that the achievement rates on Apprenticeship and all other programmes
meet PMA targets and exceed national standards.
• Contribute effectively to the meeting of PMAs funding targets, maximising
progression and timely achievement ensuring that students do not become ‘out of
• Work with the Business Development unit to establish and maintain strong
employer relationships through the delivery of outstanding customer service and
secure new business with new and existing employers
• To undertake training, assessment and delivery of all aspects of the Apprenticeship
including portfolio building in the workplace and, where required
in PMA premises or remotely to support the learner’s progress and achievement.
• To provide initial advice and guidance, initial assessment, enrolment and induction
for apprentices and work-based learners.
• To prepare appropriate training, assessment and action plans, to support learners in
their acquisition of new skills and knowledge and monitor their progress.
• To provide 1-2-1 support for learners/apprentices as appropriate and carry out
reviews on a timely basis.
• To track and monitor learners/apprentices’ progress throughout the Apprenticeship,
provide feedback to learners as appropriate and to keep tracking systems up to
• To deliver a high quality learning experience demonstrating knowledge of intention, implementation and impact and the importance of sequencing of the curriculum to ensure a seamless learner journey on programme
• To ensure learners’/apprentices’ files, attendance records and other paperwork
is accurate and kept up to date.
• To keep learner, employer and other staff informed of learner progress and ensure
all contribute to the plan of action which ensure learners timely success.
• To ensure relevant learner/apprentices’ data is accurate, complete and passed to
MIS in a timely way and in accordance with PMA’s quality system. This to
include withdrawals; transfers; assessment and examination results; ALS returns;
updating of information held in PMA information system to enable the tracking
of learner progress on a real time basis.
• To provide summary reports of learners’/apprentices’ progress to Education and Support Lead as required. To ensure adherence to both PMA’s and Awarding Bodies’
policies and quality processes.
• To prepare and organise arrangements and documentation, including learners’
portfolios for IV and EV moderator visits. To carry out IQA duties where appropriate
and to attend IV and EV visits as required.
• To form positive relationships with employers to ensure employer fully understands
the training programme and any involvement expected from the employer and to
generate new business.
• To embed health and safety appraisals of workplaces and to ensure learners
know how to keep themselves safe.
• To be involved in the development of new programmes in response to employer
demands and sector changes.
• Be accountable and manage own time effectively and update Outlook calendar in
line with PMA expectations
• To take an active part in exhibitions and events and any other marketing
opportunities to maximise growth
• To be responsible for an agreed caseload or targets and to ensure performance
targets are met and participate in PMA’s appraisal process.
• To attend and contribute to regular team meetings.
• To be responsible for own continuous professional development by keeping up to
date with current development relating to vocational qualifications, internal and
external verification requirements, participating in PMAs staff development events
as appropriate and maintaining up to date vocational skills.
• To work with or develop links with other PMA curriculum teams were
• To contribute and promote safeguarding at all times, to ensure the safety and
security of adults, children, young people and vulnerable adults.
• Undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required of the post-holder. This
may include teaching, practical instruction and student assessment and other related
• GCSE Maths and English grade C qualifications or recognised equivalent (Essential)
• Relevant Leadership and Management / Team Leading qualification at Level 5 (Essential)
• Relevant Leadership and Management / Team Leading qualification at Level 7 or a willingness to work towards (Desirable)
• Assessor Award (Essential)
• Recognised Learning and Development qualification at Level 3 (Essential) or Post Graduate Certificate of Education (PGCE) (Desirable)
• Verifier Award (Essential)
• Understanding of high quality in training and assessment
• Good understanding of the needs of employers
• Knowledge of apprenticeship training programmes in the following subject areas; health, care, team leading, leadership and management, business administration, customer service
• Relevant industry knowledge and experience
• You may be required to work at PMA Head Quarters in Alderley Edge and visit Apprentices workplaces however, it is anticipated that flexibility for remote working / WFH will be available. Other duties commensurate with role may be expected in agreement with the post holder.
• Full Driving licence required
Practice Managers Education and Training Ltd
Alderley Edge, Cheshire / Remote working / Working from home / Flexible working available