Situated in West Yorkshire, with quick links to the M62 and close to Leeds and the beautiful surrounding area, Buttershaw Business & Enterprise College is an ambitious, community focused academy of 1400 students serving an area of social deprivation on the southern edge of Bradford. It is popular locally and has been a significant shaper of the new educational landscape in Bradford. In September 2016 we became an academy within the Bradford Diocesan Academies Trust (BDAT). Within BDAT, there is an exciting opportunity to work across a variety of growing diverse schools. This could include significant career development for the right candidate.
Learning has been transformed at Buttershaw with new opportunities, new facilities and new technologies. The curriculum is innovative with courses for all abilities and we are truly proud of our inclusive approach and our commitment to see every child reach his or her potential.
The school is on a trajectory of significant improvement with the Progress 8 figure rising from -0.63 in 2015 to -0.35 in 2016 and -0.18 in 2017. Last summer, over 90% of subjects improved GCSE progress. Sixth form results are also on an overall improving trend.
We now wish to appoint an inspiring and enthusiastic Leading Practitioner to teach science and, together with the teaching and learning working group, develop teaching and learning across the school to promote good and outstanding outcomes. You will be joining a dedicated team which works with students of all abilities to remove specific barriers to learning and allow students to progress rapidly. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious teacher looking to further his/her career.
You will have:
- Experience of teaching science up to GCSE level in a good or rapidly improving department
- Successful experience in a post of responsibility in a successful science department
- Successful experience in promoting and supporting good and outstanding teaching
- A proven record of achieving good results
- The passion and skills to bring the best out of our students
- A commitment to continuous professional development (CPD)
- Creative and engaging skills with the ability to enthuse and challenge students
We can offer:
- Clear and shared values and expectations
- A commitment to tailored professional development
- Membership of a supportive team
- A stimulating work environment
If you have the vision and drive for excellence and you want to be part of an enthusiastic and well-resourced team we would like to hear from you. Visits to the school are encouraged and can be arranged by contacting Anna Krywyszyn on 01274 676285, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for completed applications will be 9am on Wednesday 23 May 2018 with interviews to be held on 24 May 2018.
Buttershaw Business and Enterprise College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS Check.