St Peters is a Catholic primary school, situated in central Caboolture with a student population of 675. We are known for our professional development programs and our acknowledgment that a school cannot rise above the capacity of its teachers. Visit our school website here.
St Peter’s Aquatic Centre has two heated pools (a 25 metre 7 lane pool and a 15 metre learn to swim pool), modern change facilities and offers a range of swim programs and services on admission and session fees. It operates 6.00 am to 6.00 pm Monday to Friday.
In this role you will assist the Swim Coach in the delivery of quality swimming programs offered by the Aquatic Centre, providing a source of program support to participants.
You will have a flexible and cooperative approach to working varying hours within the spread of operating hours of the Aquatic Centre.
Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
- encouraging and fostering participation in swimming across all age groups and abilities;
- setting up pool and lanes to meet swim program requirements;
- providing clear instructions to students and participants of the centre’s learn to swim and other swim programs
- performing routine water chemical balance tests prior to and after swim lessons;
- ensuring the safety and welfare of participants in swim lessons, programs and squads;
- maintaining appropriate documentation and record keeping; and
- performing other related duties as requested including assisting in the Centre Canteen, including point of sale activities
To be successful in this role you will be experienced in delivering a suite of swim programs and hold a current:
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety or Swim Australia Qualification;
- Current Senior First Aid and CPR Certificate;
- Pool Lifeguard Certificate; and
- Current Blue Card (Working with Children) or be eligible to apply for a Blue Card
You must have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education, be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Further information about the role can be found in the role description or by contacting the Principal.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing December 2018
Position Tenure: Fixed Term
Weeks Worked: Up to 52 weeks per year including school holidays
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term): to 5 April 2019
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: Casual hours as required
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: School Officer Level 3 - $54,829 to $57,151 p.a. plus super
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
Contact Person: Donna Castelli
Contact Telephone Number: 5495 2266
Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Description Opens in new window
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window