Required ASAP/Permanent/TTO plus 2 weeks
We require a Learning and Teaching Assistant (LTA) with strong literacy and numeracy skills and a professional approach to provide support to our teachers and students in the classroom, covering a variety of learning activities.
You will also provide support to the wider school and as an integral member of the Learning & Teaching team you will be part of the planning and development meetings each week.
Day to day tasks, amongst others, will include:
- Establishing good relationships with students, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs;
- Being a member of a Teaching and Learning team that plans and delivers a key part of the curriculum for the students;
- Assisting in the preparation of learning materials and the learning environment, including the display of students' work;
- Supervising and supporting students, ensuring their safety and access to learning;
- Supporting the school’s values and ethos by contributing to the development and implementation of policies practices and procedures.
What we offer as a school:
- Clear purpose. We are all here to make a real difference to students lives
- An environment in which student behaviour is exemplary
- Year groups of 120 students. We are a small school and pride ourselves on knowing our students
- Weekly in-school CPD
- External CPD programmes
- Opportunities for promotion and development
We currently have 360 students, years 7, 8 and 9. We will continue to grow each year until we are at full capacity, 720 students including our Sixth Form. Whether you are an experienced administrator looking for a new challenge, or someone seeking your first role, you will play a key part in the School’s development.
If you align with our vision, values, and are committed to ensuring that ‘disadvantaged’ does not dictate educational outcomes, then you will greatly enjoy working at Goresbrook.
You are very welcome to visit us, even if you do not end up applying for the post. We are 20 minutes on the tube from Mile End, and just 15 minutes’ drive from East London.
Closing date for applications: 19th December 2018 at 9am. Early applications are encouraged as exceptional candidates will interviewed as soon as possible.
Goresbrook School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children therefore all positions in the school will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.