Southgate Primary School has recently become an Academy with GLF Schools. Be part of the next stage of it's exciting journey
Southgate Primary is an ambitious, and inclusive primary school that is currently on an exciting journey of school improvement. Our staff are highly committed, hardworking and motivated.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and caring Learning Assistant to play a key role in supporting the Class Teacher in the teaching and welfare of the children’s development.
As a Learning Assistant, you will work closely with the class teacher to support children's education, as well as their social and emotional development.
This role is term time only (39 weeks) 36.25 Hours per week 8.15am-3.45pm and attendance at weekly staff training sessions after school on Wednesday until 5pm
Salary: £16,497 - £19,974 FTE
Pro Rata £14,160 - £17,145
We can offer you:
• The support of GLF Schools and the opportunity to be part of an inspirational, growing and dynamic organisation
• An exciting opportunity to develop a curriculum to meet the needs of local community
• A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing community with excellent transport links
•New top of the range computer facilities to aid Teaching and Learning
• A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
• Recognition of previous school continuous service.
• Excellent CPD opportunities
The ideal candidate will be:
• Be able to develop positive relationships with young children.
• Be able to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the child with whom you are supporting.
• Be able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour.
• Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team.
• Be a confident and clear communicator with parents.
• Be flexible with regard to other classroom work.
Closing date for applications - 18th September
Interview date - 27th September
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we support applications from educators from diverse backgrounds seeking flexible working opportunities. We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.