Salary: £16,302 (full-time equivalent)
Hours: Flexible Hours Available, 36 weeks per year
Location: Based at Highbury Campus
Close Date: 24 June 2018 (midnight)
Highbury College has fantastic new opportunities for positive and enthusiastic individuals looking to work as Learning Assistants. These are permanent positions to commence in the new academic year (September 2018), and we can be flexible about hours of work across the week and across the different centres of the College.
Learning Assistants are responsible to the Head of Learning Support for providing high quality support to students with learning difficulties and disabilities within the Learning Support department. Team working and communications within an overall approach that values people will be of key importance.
The main duties of this post are:
· To support students and assist teaching staff in the conduct of teaching and learning activities
· To contribute to the assessment and accurate recording of students’ progress, skills and individual learning in the required format
· To provide learning support to help students develop language, numeracy, IT, organisational skills and confidence
· To keep written records as requested and required for audit purposes e.g. weekly lesson plan logs and Student Reviews/Profiles
What we can offer you:
· A fantastic benefits package including a competitive pension scheme where the College contributes around 19%
· A canteen, hair and beauty salon and nursery
· A sports centre with a 50% discount for staff
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Childcare voucher scheme and access to an online discount website
The working environment:
· You will be working within a friendly and professional team who are specialist experts
· You will be working for a fantastic College which has over 50 years of teaching and learning experience
So if you think you have the technical skills and experience we look forward to receiving your application. Further information about this role can be found in the Job Description.
Please note: If you require any assistance with the completion of your application please contact the Human Resources department on 02392 328910 or email the HR inbox on firstname.lastname@example.org
Highbury College is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. The attached Privacy Notice describes how we collect and use the personal information you provide to us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us on email@example.com.