At Skegby Junior Academy, our aim is to develop a set of SMART values in our children, whilst providing an inclusive environment that not only allows them to achieve what they are truly capable of, but also equips them with excellent academic achievement.
We are looking for a caring and enthusiastic Learning Assistant to join our committed staff team. This is a varied role and would consist of some 1:1 support for children with additional needs, together with some interventions and in-class support. Ideally, we would like someone with good IT skills to support the IT leader.
The ideal candidate will:
• have experience of working in a primary setting
• have knowledge of the National Curriculum
• be able to establish positive and supportive relationships with colleagues, parents and children
• be positive, energetic, calm and resilient
• be interested in developing an understanding of the needs of specific individuals
• have high standards and be committed to raising standards and achievement for all pupils
• be passionate about developing the whole child, across the whole age-range of the academy
• look to develop independence where possible
• provide regular feedback to teachers and primary leaders
• be willing to undertake specialist training if appropriate
• have good standards of Literacy and Numeracy
• be able to work well as a member of a team
• have high expectations and be committed to inclusion
• be well-organised and hard-working
What we can offer you:
• A supportive, proactive forward-thinking leadership team
• A strong ethos of high expectation and challenge for all learners
• A caring team who will support you all the way
• A commitment to professional development, enhanced by the ‘Learning Alliance’ which is an outstanding professional development resource within our Trust
• A varied and enriched curriculum, with particular emphasis on outdoor learning and a learning challenge approach
• Excellent grounds which contain a very special Forest School outdoor garden classroom.
Working hours are Monday – Friday, specific hours may be negotiable but will operate in accordance with the academy day and will include some lunchtime support.
For information and an application form, please visit our website.