Learning Coach - Belong Learning Cic Gloucestershire
"He hasn't accessed work for years and is even relaxed enough to eat in front of his coach"
"So excited about going, even packing for school in the mornings to be ready"
"First time ever seen engaging, really happy, even singing in the bathroom"
These quotes, from parents of students this year, give a taste of the groundbreaking and life-changing work our educational mentors provide.
Purpose of role:
Through its inspirational team of teachers and learning coaches, Belong Learning operates to meet the unmet needs of young people and their families by disrupting patterns of exclusion and transforming services.
As a learning coach, you will work as part of a wider team of teaching staff and mentors to deliver our wellbeing curriculum, via one-to-one and small group learning experiences, for young people, through a process of education support and coaching, supporting the academic progress for the young people in your care. Each child at Belong Learning has an EHCP and a bespoke curriculum, tailored to their needs.
The role includes the following duties:
• Delivering one-to-one and small group sessions in a range of settings (school and community).
• Collecting and returning students from home and to school and community settings. Travel expenses are paid in addition to salary.
• Supporting young people to learn effectively and make progress across the curriculum.
• Working with teaching staff and other mentors to monitor progress and track the wellbeing curriculum.
• Preparing appropriate resources to deliver in sessions, tailored to the needs of the young person.
• Being the key contact for the young person’s parent/carer.
• Acting as an advocate for the young person to ensure their voice is heard.
• Providing regular written feedback to inform next steps.
• Working to the Belong Learning staff handbook, code of conduct, risk assessments and safeguarding policy.
• Attending and engaging in supervision sessions as appropriate and when required.
• Engaging in continuing professional development.
General duties and responsibilities:
• Create a positive, aspirational and safe ethos and culture.
• Be an effective member of the team.
• Promote and safeguard the welfare of the children and young people that you are responsible for or come into contact with.
• Work closely with other staff to ensure continuity and consistency of Belong Learning values.
• Ensure Belong Learning's policies are adhered to.
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children is paramount and all staff are expected to share and embrace this commitment. Any offer of employment is subject to two satisfactory professional references, medical clearance, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check (DBS), evidence of eligibility to work in the UK and evidence of qualifications. All of the above checks must have been completed before the start of employment. The successful candidate must hold a valid and full driving licence.
Please contact email@example.com for further information.
ONLY FULLY COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Schedule: Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations: We are fully compliant with Covid-19 safety procedures. Interviews to be conducted via Microsoft Teams.
Belong Learning School Gloucestershire
- Alternative provision with independent funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 13 - 16 years