30 hours per week, 39 weeks pa (ie term-time plus five days)
Teign School are seeking to appoint a Learning Coach to join this highly successful secondary school to support learning in the classroom.
We are seeking to recruit inspiring, motivated and highly enthusiastic individual to encourage learning and who understands the importance of building confidence in order to access and improve learning across all levels. Some experience working with SEN would be an advantage; however, an understanding of SEN together with patience, good humour and willingness to learn are equally important.
This post may suit a recent graduate who wishes to gain experience of working in a secondary education setting before embarking on a teacher training course.
The successful candidate will:
- have experience of working with young people;
- have an understanding and experience of how young people learn and develop;
- be able to take the initiative and adapt strategies in order to work towards a successful outcome;
- be able to support all students to access the curriculum;
- be able to work as part of a team;
- be creative, flexible and have a positive outlook.
Further details are available in the application pack via the school’s website: www.teignschool.org.uk.
Interviews to take place on Thursday 30 September.
ESW is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Newton Abbot, Devon
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years