Job Purpose: To inspire, encourage and empower our pupils to achieve their very best.
Tenure: Permanent, Part-time 0.4 (2 days per week)
Surbiton High School is a trilogy of schools composed of a Girls’ Preparatory School, Boys’ Preparatory School and a Senior Girls’ School. The successful candidate will have a teaching timetable that could span both of the Preparatory Schools, as well as the Senior School. The Learning Enrichment Department is a busy and successful department which consists of 9 members of staff supporting approximately 200 pupils.
- To design lesson plans and resources for pupils receiving Support for Learning. Lesson plans may be subject related or skill related, and should address areas that hinder access to the curriculum
- To deliver Speech and Language interventions under the guidance of the Head of Learning Enrichment/Speech Therapist
- To monitor progress and provide termly written reports on pupils receiving Support for Learning
- To communicate regularly with classroom teachers to discuss progress of individual pupils
- To attend Staff and Parent/Staff Consultation meetings
- To attend INSET days
- To contribute to the organisation and running of co-curricular and enrichment activities
- To attend staff and departmental meetings as required
- To undertake supervisory duties as required
- To conduct yourself in an appropriate professional manner at all times and support and foster the aims and safeguarding policies of the School
- To participate in the annual performance review, appraisal and development programme
- To identify and attend workshops for professional development to ensure continued upgrading of knowledge and skills and attending relevant CPD training each year
- To uphold the School’s code of conduct and the values of Surbiton High School
- To carry out any such duties as may be reasonably requested by the Principal
The successful candidate will be likely to fit the following profile:
- Knowledge and experience working with children with specific/additional learning needs
- Possess a depth and breadth of subject content in either the Primary or Secondary School curriculum
- It would be highly desirable for candidates to be confident and willing to teach from Year 1 up to Year 9
- Qualified - SpLD Certificated / minimum Level 5 OCR Certified desired
- Familiarity with the needs of pupils with learning differences including:
- Dyslexia/Literacy difficulties
- Dyscalculia/Maths difficulties
- Attention/Concentration difficulties
- Speech and Language needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, administrative and ICT skills
- The ability to inspire, motivate and support pupils and colleagues
- A dynamic, enthusiastic classroom practitioner with a clear sense of purpose and high expectations
- Evidence of being able to work effectively within a team
- Willingness to participate in co-curricular activities
- High expectations for pupil attainment, personal development and conduct
- High levels of personal and professional integrity
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality
- Positive rapport with pupils and personal warmth to gain the confidence of pupils, staff and parents
- High standards of personal presence and presentation and attention to detail
- Committed to the Surbiton High School’s ethos
- Committed to professional development and show a willingness to undertake appropriate training for this role
Please apply online by clicking on the following:
Closing date for Applications: 8:00am, Monday 18 January 2021
Interviews to be held week commencing: 25 January 2021
Surbiton High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that the School reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
For any queries relating to the role or your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Where support is better shared
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.
Surbiton High School
Kingston upon Thames
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 18 years
Surbiton High School aims to inspire, encourage and empower its staff and pupils to be the very best they can be.
We are a school where a passion and energy abound, a school with a real heart and soul, where we look beyond the A* to offer a breadth o...