Required to start: ASAP
Salary: B1/B3 (SCP 4-11) £18,426 - £21,166 pro rata
Hours: 37 weekly - Term time plus 5 days
This post is subject to a 6- month probationary period
The governors of our caring, friendly and rapidly improving academy wish to appoint an ambitious, enthusiastic and highly effective Learning Mentor.
We are looking for someone who:
- is able to work alongside the class teacher to further children’s learning and deepen their understanding;
- is positive and creative;
- is able to provide a complimentary service to teachers and pastoral staff in addressing the needs of children who require support in overcoming barriers to learning both inside and outside of the academy.
- is able to motivate, inspire and encourage children;
- has excellent interpersonal skills;
- is committed to developing and maintaining close links with the whole community;
- is able to build positive relationships with staff and parents;
- enjoys working as part of a hardworking and happy team;
- must have at least GCSE / ‘O’ Level Maths and English at grade C or equivalent.
In return we can offer you:
- friendly, enthusiastic children;
- support of a caring staff team committed to children’s success;
- professional development working as part of The GORSE Academies Trust;
- fun and a challenge!
Working as part of The GORSE Academies Trust, we will ensure that our children receive an outstanding education that focuses on aspiration, high expectations and personalisation.
If you feel that you have the necessary experience, skills and abilities, we look forward to hearing from you.
A full application pack is available to download from our website www.tgat.org.uk/jobs by email from: firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed applications should be returned to the same email address.
Closing date: Monday 16 September 2019 noon
Interviews: Friday 20 September 2019
If you would like to know more about The Gorse Academies Trust, please visit; https://www.tes.com/jobs/employer/the-gorse-academies-trust-1071685
TGAT Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders 2018
Morley Newlands Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and expects all staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks. We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.