18.25 hrs per week term time only (Mon, Tue and half day Wed)
Actual salary £7,897 per annum
Are you passionate about assisting in the provision of a complementary mentoring support service to pupils? Do you have the ability to help pupils overcome barriers to learning in order to achieve their full potential?
We are looking for an ambitious, enthusiastic and successful Learning Mentor keen to develop their career at Broadway Academy.
Broadway Academy is a high performing academy in north Birmingham. The academy benefits from state of the art facilities throughout, having moved into our new building in 2011.
- You will assist teaching and pastoral staff in the assessment of all children entering or returning to school; and to identify those who need extra help to overcome barriers to learning inside and outside school.
- To contribute to drawing up and implementing an action plan for each child who needs particular support.
- To assist in maintaining regular contact with families / carers in need of extra support and to secure positive family support and involvement.
- To contribute to the sharing of information between local agencies, schools, authorities and other learning agencies.
- To facilitate a wellbeing hub at break time and lunchtimes to support student wellbeing needs.
Join us and grow
You will benefit from working within a school which encourages staff and students to be aspirational. Staff development is a priority and staff are empowered to continue their own learning. Alongside external training opportunities, the academy has developed an accelerated leadership programme linked to NPQML and NPQSL and offers a range of induction and CPD programmes.
We believe in the potential of every student and we are on an exciting journey to outstanding. If you are keen to work in a successful and growing academy which encourages staff to aim high in their own careers, this could be a great opportunity for you.
To arrange a visit, seek more information and to request a full application pack, please contact Paul Hunt at Hays Education:
T: 0121 236 4476
M: 07921 583 731
You can also visit our dedicated recruitment website: https://microsites.hays.co.uk/jobs/broadway/index.htm
Closing date: 13 October 2019
Broadway Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.