Learning Mentor (with responsibility for looked after children)
Grade 4, SCP 20 - 25 £20,344 - £23,836 per annum pro rata
Full time, 36.66 hours per week including an element of flexible working
Term time + 1 week
Job Ref: 4600/413/19
We are looking to recruit a Leaning Mentor who will be responsible for supporting pupils throughout the school but in particular our Looked After Children, helping them overcome barriers to learning and support their development.
You will be able to build relationships and rapport with pupils, parents, carers and colleagues, as well as communicating directly with relevant external agencies, so excellent communication and listening skills with a non-judgmental approach are vital.
Candidates will be qualified to A Level or equivalent and have experience of working under pressure and with confidential information.
The Blue Coat School is part of the Cranmer Education Trust, a growing Multi-Academy Trust. Staff workforce development is our priority and you would be part of an organisation that is going places with many opportunities for your personal development.
• A well supported post in a dynamic and growing organisation.
• The challenge and stimulation of working alongside both dedicated colleagues and pupils alike.
• The opportunity to be part of an experienced and capable support team.
• 24 days annual leave, rising to 31, plus 8 Bank Holidays.
• Average salary pension scheme, including 20.6% employer contribution.
• National Terms and Conditions, in line with the Green Book.
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.
Full details and application forms for this post are available from the school website. Applications by post should be marked ‘Learning Mentor’ and should be returned to: Mrs H Johnson (Admin/HR Manager), The Blue Coat School, Egerton Street, Oldham, OL1 3SQ.
Or by email to: email@example.com
Please note CVs are not accepted.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 27th June 2019 : 9.30am