Learning Resource Centre Co-ordinator
30 hours per week – 42.6 weeks (38 weeks term time + annual leave)
08:00 – 15:30 Monday, Tuesday and Thursday (one hour for lunch)
08:00 – 14:15 Wednesday and Friday (one hour for lunch)
£16,179 per annum – Pay Award Pending (£12.66 per hour)
We are seeking to appoint a Learning Resource Centre Co-ordinator to provide an efficient and effective service within the school’s Learning Resource Centre and to further develop the area as a ‘learning hub’ across all year groups. Working closely with the Languages faculty, the postholder will also deliver effective reading lessons to all Year 7 students in accordance with their timetables.
The successful candidate will have:
- Successful experience working with children in a school environment
- Educated to Level 2 (GCSE) or equivalent qualification /experience
- Ability to establish rapport and to maintain respectful and trusting relationships
- The ability to overcome barriers to learning with children by implementing school policies, procedures and identified support mechanisms
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- A passion to improve learning and work collaboratively with teaching staff to aid the progress of all students and develop their confidence
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and meet deadlines
- A good understanding of Health and Safety, safeguarding and child protection
- A commitment to equality and diversity and inclusion
In return, the successful candidate can expect:
- A comprehensive tailored induction programme
- A mentor / ‘buddy’ scheme
- An extensive support programme, including a system of twilights
- Commitment to continuing professional development.
Early applications are welcome.
Closing Date: Midday on Friday 20 September 2019
Interviews: Week commencing 23 September 2019
To apply, visit www.kes.essex.sch.uk and download the application form,
complete and email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The King Edmund School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment and undergo an enhanced DBS check as part of our Safer Recruitment & Selection Procedures.