Learning Resource Centre Manager (LRC)
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to be responsible for the management, development and promotion of the school’s Learning Resource Centre. Working with teachers, you will continue to develop the library as an effective information and learning centre, which supports learning and teaching across the curriculum.
We are looking for someone who:
• is fluent in written and spoken English.
• has a passion for reading and literacy that they want to share with young people.
• is methodical and well organised.
• is an excellent role-model for young people.
• is able to work effectively within a team and independently.
• has an interest in or experience of working with children within a secondary school environment.
You should be innovative, forward thinking and confident working with both staff and young people in a well-resourced, busy library. Training in the library and school systems will be given to the successful candidate although knowledge of online library management systems would be advantageous.
Why work with us?
We are a warm and friendly school with a dedicated professional team of staff with excellent facilities and strong leadership.
We thrive on, and celebrate the success of our students and staff and offer the following opportunities:
• To work in a quality environment, with state of the art equipment
• To enjoy the facilities provided to our students and staff through our IT systems
• To have Healthcare cover provided by Westfield Health and BUPA membership available at discounted rates.
• Complimentary membership of the onsite Leisure Centre including gym, fitness classes and swimming pool
• To join a team that is inclusive and friendly, with regular social and sporting events.
• To enjoy working close to London with easy access by road and rail.
Hours and pay
The hours for this role will be from 08.40 a.m. to 16.30 p.m. 5 days a week £19,848 - £23,606 FTE (actual salary £16,920 - £20,124).
Closing date for applications: Monday 4th June 2018 at 10am. Interviews will take place w/c 11th June.
Please note that we do not accept CV’s and all applications must be on a school application form.
Applications will be considered as they are received, we reserve the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to a DBS check and will be expected to provide proof of identity and qualifications.