We are seeking to appoint a learning supervisor whose main responsibility is to manage classes during the short term absence of teachers, ensuring that pre-prepared activities are undertaken by students. This is a pivotal role and the person appointed will work closely with teaching staff and the other learning supervisors.
Are you a graduate who is interested in training to become a teacher? If so, this role will provide you with the experience required to apply to take up a place in our Teaching School.
The ability to demonstrate a positive but firm approach to students to support their learning is essential. Appropriate training will be provided. Other responsibilities will include: assisting with exam invigilation and accompanying staff on school visits
The successful candidate will:
- Hold GCSE (or equivalent) pass at grade C or above in English/literacy and Math’s/numeracy & Hold a degree
- Experience of working with children in the 11 - 18 age range, Experience of managing behavior of young people Ability to motivate people (especially 11 - 18 year old pupils)
- Ability to use ICT effectively to support learning
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work with initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to be flexible and work with tact, discretion and confidentiality
- High level communication skills
- Ability to relate to pupils, staff, parents
- Sense of humor
- Ability to relate to and promote the ethos of the school
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Willingness to undertake training as required
- To maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job, participate in appropriate training activities and encourage and support staff in their development and training.
- To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job.
- To undertake health and safety duties commensurate with the post and/or as detailed in the School’s Health and Safety Policy.