LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT (Bank Staff)
(Ad hoc, Term time only)
Do you want to provide learning support and welfare for students who have a disability and/or a learning difficulty?
If so, Stanmore College has a great opportunity for you to join the Learning Support team to assist the Learning Support Manager to develop a suitable programme of support and carry out the programme within the classroom or in a withdrawal situation. Building relationships with students who have additional needs to help them overcome barriers to learning and supporting them to maximise their learning potential would also be an important aspect of the role.
You will have a minimum of one year’s experience of supporting post-16 or secondary school students and a Level 3 qualification. You will have excellent written and oral communication skills and good IT skills.
Salary : £11.52 per hour, part time, term time only
Application form and further details of the post available from the Stanmore College website : www.stanmore.ac.uk or by telephone on 020 8420 7739.
Closing date for applications is Thursday, 23rd September 2021
Interviews will take place on Tuesday, 5th October 2021
JOB SUMMARY: To provide learning support and welfare for students who have a disability and/or a learning difficulty/ Adult ALS
1. Assisting the Learning Support Manager to develop a suitable programme of support and carrying out the programme within the classroom or in a withdrawal situation.
2. Recording and monitoring students’ progress for all students’ supported and providing data back in a timely manner.
3. Providing feedback on students’ difficulties and or progress to the Learning Support Manager and class teacher.
4. Writing reports about the students’ progress as requested by the Learning Support Manager
5. Helping to adapt or find differentiated materials to enable students to access the class curriculum
6. Participating in the evaluation of the support programme with the Learning Support Manager and class teacher
7. Reporting any problems about arrangements or any incidents to the Learning Support Manager or, if unavailable, to the class teacher
8. Building relationships with students who have additional needs to help them overcome barriers to learning and supporting them to maximise their learning potential
9. Assisting students with personal needs as required
10. Participating in relevant professional development
11. Accompanying students on external visits
12. Taking personal responsibility for supporting, promoting and following all College policies in relation to health and safety, safeguarding, equality and diversity and data protection within the scope of the post
13 Performing administrative and organisational tasks relating to the work of the College, including participation in team meetings.
The postholder can be required to carry out any other duties consistent with the grade of post, at any site on which the College may operate.
This job description is current at the date shown below. In consultation with the postholder, it is liable to variation by management within a reasonable timescale to reflect or anticipate changes in or to the job.
- Further Education
- Students of age 16+ years