Are you up for the challenge of working in one of the top performing schools nationally for progress? If so, we want you!
We are looking to appoint a highly motivated, enthusiastic and committed individual to join our Personalised Learning SEND faculty. We believe that every student at Baysgarth School is capable of achieving their very best, regardless of starting point or additional need and the Personalised Learning team work to ensure that any barriers to success are addressed and supported. This is a great opportunity for someone with the right skills to join the school and team at an exciting time.
The role of Learning Support Assistant is key in providing high quality learning experiences at all times for our students.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Supporting individuals or groups of students to access all areas of the curriculum
- Working collaboratively with teaching staff to create outstanding learning opportunities
- Delivering 1:1 or group targeted interventions
- Communicating student progress to a range of stakeholders
- Supervising pupils during breaks, lunchtimes and extra-curricular activities
The following qualifications and experience are essential:
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent) Grade C or above
- Experience of working with students with additional needs within a secondary school
- Knowledge and awareness of KS2 and post 16 education
- Knowledge of how students learn and how additional needs might impact on this
- Using ICT to support students’ learning
- Using differentiation strategies to support a range of learning needs effectively
If you are inspired by the challenge and responsibility of this opportunity we would like to hear from you. Further details and an application form can be downloaded below or requested from the school. If you would like to discuss any aspect of the post, please feel free to contact Jade Driscoll, Deputy Headteacher or Gemma Megson, SENCO at the school.
Please submit completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 12.00pm Friday 19th October 2018
Interviews will be held week commencing Monday 29th October 2018