Learning Support Assistant - PRU
£60 - £70
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are 3 months experience with challenging behaviour.
Vision for Education are working with a Pupil Referral Unit in Bath that are looking for three learning support assistants for long term roles. Ideally full time but part time is considered.
The ideal candidate will need to be resilient and patient and not phased by verbal abuse and challenging behaviour that may be displayed from the pupils. Despite the challenges in working in a PRU, it is very rewarding. Ideally we would like people that have previous experience supporting children with challenging behaviour and ideally hold a team teach certificate, although this isn’t essential.
This school is based in Bath and caters to roughly 40 students of primary ages. The school is part of a wider trust of schools, therefore, could also be other opportunities available to the right candidates.
To be considered for the learning support assistant position, you will:
• Have previous experience working with challenging pupils, with potentially deprived backgrounds
• Hold a team teach or equivalent certificate, although this is not essential
• Have an enhanced DBS on the update service, if you do not have one, we can help in providing you with one
• Resilience to tough situations and can handle themselves with patience
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a learning support assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision For Education, please contact our Bristol team on 0117 248 2600.
Vision For Education Ltd
Bristol, City of