At Together Trust we believe everybody deserves an equal chance in life. There are no exceptions. We provide a wide range of support services including fostering, residential, community and family support. We also provide specialist educational support through our schools and colleges.
Committed to safeguarding and promoting the well being of the people we support It’s a commitment we require from all of our staff and volunteers. We follow a robust safer recruitment process and all successful applicants will go through recruitment checks.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Learning Support Assistant to join the team at Ashcroft School in Cheadle (term time only role).
As our Learning Support Assistant you will...
- Support teachers with the delivery of the curriculum on a daily basis whilst managing pupil behaviour.
- Create and amend Individual Education Plan’s (IEP) and then assist with delivering and monitoring these to a high standard.
- Support with keeping pastoral and pupil documentation up to date whilst working collaboratively to provide a quality education experience for all our students.
- Enable our pupils to access further education, access the community and encourage them to strive for excellence in education.
- Have a good knowledge of current legislation and understand that all of our pupils learn individually and differently.
- Faced with challenging behaviour you will be equipped with the appropriate training to manage this.
- An enthusiastic, hardworking and resilient individual you will have a strong passion and commitment for working with children and young people with social, emotional and mental health issues.
- An excellent role model for staff and students, you will have experience of working in an educational environment and understand the principles of a broad and balanced curriculum and how it is assessed.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills are a must, as is the ability to form positive, professional relationships with both students and colleagues.
This a term time role (39 weeks, 36 hours per week over 5 days)
- Pupil referral unit(pru) with independent funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 8 - 16 years
Ashcroft is an independent day school and college is based in Stockport, Cheshire and in East Manchester. It’s one of the specialist education services provided by the charity the Together Trust. We cater for children and young people aged 8 to 19 ye...