We are seeking to appoint a highly effective individual to take responsibility for the support of students with cognition and learning needs at Kingswood Academy.
In particular we are seeking an individual who:
- will promote the inclusion of all students.
- will support the development of basic skills especially with students with ‘Cognition and Learning’ SEN.
- in liaison with the class teacher will work with students to target identified learning needs.
- will provide practical support in the classroom to students who have recognised learning needs, supporting them to achieve their potential.
- will work with subject teachers to ensure lesson materials are used effectively in order for students to make the expected progress towards their target levels.
- promote whole school strategies to support students with SEN.
- will develop an understanding of the learning needs of students and use this knowledge to support them to become independent learners in the classroom.
- will take into account a student’s learning needs and ensure their access to the lesson and its content through appropriate clarification, explanations, and use of equipment and materials.
- will develop the study and organisational skills of students, enabling them to remain focused in lessons and be able to execute tasks effectively.
- can monitor students’ responses to learning activities and progress towards targets, record achievement and feedback to teachers and the SENCo as required. Assist in the implementation and tracking of student targets.
- will provide support for student’s emotional and social needs by encouraging and modelling positive behaviour and demonstrating high expectations, in line with the Academy’s Behaviour policy.
- is aware of and will comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- can accompany teaching staff and students on visits, trips and out of school activities as required.
- will attend and participate in relevant meetings
- can devise and develop whole school strategies to support students with ‘Cognition and Learning’ SEN.
- will participate in the performance and development review process, taking personal responsibility for identification of learning, development and training opportunities in discussion with line manager.
- complies with individual responsibilities, in accordance with the role, for health & safety in the workplace.
- ensures that all duties and services provided are in accordance with the Academy’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
This post is ideal for a dynamic, flexible individual who is passionate about sustainably improving standards and outcomes for students with SEN.
AET believes that each and every child is inspired to choose a remarkable life. Our mission is to gather and motivate inspirational people committed to delivering an excellent education that launches children into remarkable lives.
Our values are:
- Be unusually brave
- Discover what’s possible
- Push the limits
- Be big-hearted
This position is required for an immediate start. Interviews are scheduled to take place as soon as possible after the closing date.
Closing date: 10.00pm on Thursday 14 March 2019.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Find your remarkable, apply today by clicking the apply now button.
To find out more about or academy please visit our website
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.