Inspire their Remarkable with us
Learning Support Assistant / Curriculum Access Practitioner – Communication and Interaction
We are looking to appoint a motivated practitioner who has proven experience with students who have communication and interaction needs. The successful candidate will assist with supporting students in accessing the breadth of curriculum in a mainstream setting. Tendring Technology College has been chosen to provide secondary enhanced provision for students with Autism Spectrum Conditions in North East Essex. The provision provides for up to 18 high functioning students to enable them to access mainstream provision. We currently have 18 students on our role and we are looking for an additional CAP to work alongside our excellent Hub team. We are looking to appoint a motivated practitioner who has proven experience with Autistic students to work both within the enhanced provision and the mainstream.
The successful candidate will assist with supporting students in accessing the breadth of curriculum in a mainstream setting.
In particular we are seeking an individual who:
- will promote the inclusion of all students.
- will support the development of academic and social skills especially with students with Communication and Interaction needs
- in liaison with the class teacher will work with students to target identified learning needs.
- will provide practical support in the classroom to students who have recognised learning needs, supporting them to achieve their potential.
- will work with subject teachers to ensure lesson materials are used effectively in order for students to make the expected progress towards their target levels.
- promote whole school strategies to support students with SEN.
- will develop an understanding of the learning needs of students and use this knowledge to support them to become independent learners in the classroom.
- will take into account a student’s learning needs and ensure their access to the lesson and its content through appropriate clarification, explanations, and use of equipment and materials.
- will develop the study and organisational skills of students, enabling them to remain focused in lessons and be able to execute tasks effectively.
- can monitor students’ responses to learning activities and progress towards targets, record achievement and feedback to teachers and the SENCo as required. Assist in the implementation and tracking of student targets.
- will provide support for student’s emotional and social needs by encouraging and modelling positive behaviour and demonstrating high expectations
- is aware of and will comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- can accompany teaching staff and students on visits, trips and out of school activities as required.
- will attend and participate in relevant meetings
- will participate in the performance and development review process, taking personal responsibility for identification of learning, development and training opportunities in discussion with line manager.
- complies with individual responsibilities, in accordance with the role, for health & safety in the workplace.
- ensures that all duties and services provided are in accordance with the Academy’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
This post is ideal for a dynamic, flexible individual who is passionate about sustainably improving standards and outcomes for students with SEN. Tendring Technology is a key member of Academies Enterprise Trust (AET), a multi-Academy sponsor which aims to provide the opportunity for all young learners to fulfil their real potential, broaden their horizons and become active, prosperous and successful citizens in the world around them. The College attained Teaching School status in July 2014 and is a large successful 11-18 mixed comprehensive school, which has two campuses; Frinton Campus (KS4 & KS5) and Thorpe Campus (KS3) with approx. 5 miles between sites.
We encourage visits from prospective candidates to meet members of our school community and to experience out school at first hand. If you would like to do this please contact Julia McFarlane at the College on 01255 682040.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin.
- More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
Start date- Monday 4 November 2019.
Interview date- Wednesday 2 October 2019.
Closing date: Sunday 22 September 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today:
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.