We are seeking to recruit a Learning Support Assistant for an immediate start.
The role is split to provide support to two sisters; one is in FS1 with speech delay and her sister in Y4 with academics.
About Foremarke School Dubai
Foremarke is currently a Prep School catering from Nursery (FS1) to Year 8, with exciting plans to extend into Year 9 to 13.
We are a well-resourced Apple Distinguished School with exceptional sporting facilities, seeking to achieve the best from every pupil both academically and in extra-curricular activities which is a key aspect of the school program.
The school was rated Very Good with several outstanding features in the most recent DSIB inspection.
Foremarke, boasts state of the art facilities and is situated at the heart of ‘New Dubai’ in the Dubai Science Park, Barsha South. It offers the academic rigour of the UK National Curriculum within an inclusive family environment. The School is built on the twin foundations of academic excellence and the highest standards of pastoral care.
- Provide support for pupils across all areas of the curriculum
- Ensure the pupils can integrate as fully as possible in the activities generally undertaken by the other children in the class
- Contribute to the overall progress pf the children in all areas of the curriculum
- Implementing the targets outlined on the pupils Individual Education Plans (IEP) in liaison with the Class Teacher and Head of Inclusion
Supporting the Pupil
- Provide learning support within the classroom and in withdrawal situations, either 1:1 or small groups
- Develop knowledge of the particular needs of the children and seek advice from the Head of Inclusion, Class Teacher and external agencies
- Aid access to the full range of learning experiences both inside and outside the classroom, and provide modified materials as required
- Make or modify resources as suggested and advised by the Head of Inclusion and Class Teacher
- Be involved in the planning and preparation of day to day class activities
- Organise and maintain an inclusive learning environment both in the classroom and outside
- Motivate and encourage the pupils in all lessons
- Provide positive praise and reinforcement
- Facilitate inclusion in small group activities with peers and support interaction between them
Supporting the Class Teacher and Head of Inclusion
- Work as part of the Team to ensure the well being and personal development of the pupils enhances their learning opportunities and life skills
- Attend planning meetings with appropriate staff to develop individual learning programmes
- Provide regular feedback to the Class Teacher and Head of Inclusion regarding the progress of the children
- Take an active role in the creation of individual IEP targets
- Contribute to termly review meetings
The Ideal candidate must have:
- Excellent English
- Experience working with children in a British Curriculum School
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Husband/Father sponsorship - visa is not provided for this position
Working hours are 8am - 3.30pm (during term time only)
Salary is 5,000 - 7,000aed based on experience
The Repton Family of Schools is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects the same from its employees. All new staff will be subject to detailed and enhanced pre-employment clearance, including identity checks, criminal background checks for all countries lived in, qualification checks, employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment, and satisfactory reference checks for all employment in the last 5 years
Foremarke School - Dubai
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years