Inspire their Remarkable with Us
Learning Support Assistant
30.5 hours per week, 39 working weeks (term time plus 5 non-student days)
Maltings Academy is graded ‘Outstanding’ and has a state of the art new building offering fantastic facilities for both students and staff alike. Staff benefits include a Health Cash Plan, Local Government Pension Scheme and discounted membership at Witham Leisure Centre.
Our team of Learning Support Assistants support students with learning difficulties/disabilities in mainstream classes, small groups and 1-1 in order to support student achievement and progress.
You will have:
- a good understanding of SEND and experience working with children with learning difficulties or disabilities
- excellent literacy and numeracy skills including Maths and English GCSE at A-C (or equivalent)
- ability to motivate and encourage students
- excellent communication skills
- good IT skills including G-Suite or Microsoft Office
Hours are 30.5 per week (Monday 830-330, Tuesday-Friday 830-300), term time plus 5 non student days. There are two compulsory induction training sessions for all new starters which take place on Mondays from 315-430pm.
This role is based at Maltings Academy. However, as we work closely with New Rickstones Academy (also in Witham), all new contracts are to work across both academies. The position is due to start as soon as possible.
This role presents an exciting opportunity for applicants who have a degree (or are studying for a degree), as you gain experience to potentially develop a career within teaching. A number of our support staff have progressed to our School Direct Teacher Training programme.
Please contact Lisa Shannon, SENDCO for an informal discussion about the post or to arrange a visit to the academy - email@example.com
Closing date: Wednesday 18 September
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin.
- More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking on the 'apply now button.'
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.